Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recent Adventures

It's been a relatively uneventful couple weeks, photographically speaking. Rain and especially work have taken their toll once again (although I suppose being busy with work isn't in itself such a bad thing these days - it means that I will have more money to spend on photography when conditions are more ideal). So I've only gotten out a couple of times. I'm starting to experiment, though, with photo-editing software. I downloaded a trial version of Apple Aperture, and the darn thing crashed within about 5 minutes. I'll try again later, but I don't want to use a program that bogs down and crashes while I'm editing (I had read about the same problem on online reviews). So I'll see if I can track down trial versions of Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, Capture NX, etc. and see if those work. Mostly I want one that lets me work on images in Camera RAW format, and that has high-quality editing tools.

Anyway, the pictures. This one, I think, is cool and a bit moody. The juxtaposition of the remaining flowers against the dead plant parts was what I had in mind. I suppose it's a bit busy, but I didn't want to lose too much of the focus on the flower by taking down the depth of field any more than I did.


Also, I'll bet you didn't know that fireweed leaves turned colors in the autumn. I sure didn't!




And a couple other autumn shots that don't really have anecdotes behind them:



I think this last one could stand some enhancement - the yellows of the leaves in the top half of the picture could maybe be brightened and/or saturated. I think it would make the picture a lot more interesting if that color stood out. This is why I need some photo editing software! I can feel my creative impulses yearning for freedom!

No comments: