Saturday, June 30, 2012

An Unexpected Pleasure

Yesterday I paid a visit to Lake Sammamish State Park. I must say that I wasn't thrilled. The trails provide a very pleasant walk through grassy meadows and cottonwood forests, but as far as photographic scenery goes, there wasn't much. There weren't a whole lot of interesting plants and I've definitely found more photogenic forests of this ilk.

Even so, I was pleasantly surprised by some of my pictures. I'm not sure if I'll go back, but it's possible. Maybe in the autumn. Or maybe earlier in the spring, when the plants are perhaps more interesting.

This first one is probably my favorite composition. The contrast between the different shades of green comes through enough to make it work, I think. I wish the tree trunks in the lower leftish part of the picture came out a bit more. Still, I like it. Some contrast/color work could add a bit more zip as well.


This one turned out okay as well. The horizon line is a bit close to middle; but the grass heads are further up and I think those act as more of a visual focal point anyway.


And a grass closeup. A bit of dead space in the lower left, but not too bad.


This is what most of the forests looked like:


No comments: