Thursday, May 21, 2015

River Sunset

Last night, I had the opportunity to visit the trail along the Nooksack River between Slater Rd and Marine Dr, technically part of the Nooksack Unit of the Whatcom Wildlife Area. It has some nice views of the river, but large portions of the trail are rather weedy and not particularly scenic. I was especially hoping for some more scenic forest than the trail had to offer. Still, it was a nice walk, and after all, you really go to a trail like that for the river.

I only had one image really turn out well, but thankfully, it was the one I was really after - a sunset over the Nooksack River itself. While I was trying other landscapes and such, I was also scouting out locations along the trail to which I could return at sunset. This spot, with some low-hanging alder leaves that offered nice framing possibilities, was the best, at least for last night. I used f/25 to get both those leaves and the background trees in focus. I had hoped that the narrow aperture might also produce a star effect in the sun. It was not to be. Nevertheless, I like this image overall.



Thanks for reading, and until next time...!

No comments: