Friday, September 11, 2015

A Mist Opportunity

After a great deal of time spent poring over my atlas and browsing around in Google Earth, I found a promising location to catch a sunrise - a little spot of gravel road overlooking the Palouse River. I've had a few road-viewpoint photo shoots go bust recently, but this one worked! There was a nice view to the east, a view of the river, and plenty of nice trees. The bonus was some early-morning mist in the river valley.

The first image was a bit tricky due to the possibility of ugly lens flares. To mitigate this, I positioned myself so the sun would be partially behind the tree; I also cropped this image to edit out some flares that did show up.


Next is an earlier view up the valley, just before sunrise. This one might take a bit of lighting work (particularly the dark foreground and that overexposed bit of river), but I still think it's cool.


The next two are fairly self-explanatory; nice shots across the valely with sun and some mist still hanging about. They're not quite as interesting as the previous two shots, but I still like them.



No comments: