Saturday, May 20, 2017

Adventures in Transportation

This morning, I made my first ever photography trip via bicycle! I visited the Snoqualmie Valley Trail near North Bend and Snoqualmie (the trail extends farther north as well, to Duvall). My total round trip mileage was a bit over thirteen miles, which I'm pretty happy with considering the fact that I hadn't biked for probably more than a year and a half. It went well, with lots of good ideas and lessons learned for the next trip!

First is a view of Mount Si over the Snoqualmie River from the Three Forks Natural Area. I'm not too thrilled by that bit of overexposure at the top right. I might get it to look better in Lightroom, and otherwise, I like how this composition turned out. F/18.


Next, two views of the river from farther upvalley, just as the sun was starting to come up in the late morning. F/20 in both cases. They'll need some lighting and color work, but pretty doable.



No comments: