Saturday, June 24, 2017

A Splendid Summer Saunter

Happy Summer!

Today, I decided to beat the heat by doing some photography during the early morning hours. I arrived at the Big Four Ice Caves picnic area/trailhead at about sunrise. There was a pair of picnickers already getting set up there when I arrived. Who gets up that early? Weird.

Anyway. The first is my favorite, with a meadow of Sitka valerian in the foreground. The mountain behind me was already sunlit at this point, providing some nice illumination onto the flowers and weathered trees. F/22.


Second, Big Four and its reflection in a pond near the picnic area. Contrast is a bit high but probably workable. F/18.


Third, a view over the South Fork Stillaguamish from the bridge. I don't know the name of the mountain in the distance. This one will be a challenge to edit due to the high contrast, but I kind of like this composition. F/18.


Third, a view with some columbine in the foreground. The lighting is a bit harsh but I think this one still works. F/22.


Finally, a flower closeup on a twinberry bush. I will have to deal with the yellowish-green color cast reflected from the surrounding sunlit leaves. F/5.


1 comment:

Shari Anderson said...

Thank you for this beautiful photographic welcome to summer! That early sun was determined to brighten everything, wasn't it, but gorgeous compositions.