Sunday, September 24, 2017

Hope and Mig Lakes

Yesterday marked my first trip of the official fall season. I headed to Hope and Mig lakes, which are on the PCT and accessible for a day hike via the Tunnel Creek trail near Stevens Pass. The fall colors, especially up high, were approaching perfection.

First, a colorful scene from the Tunnel Creek trail. F/22.


Next, an image of Hope Lake. The white balance needs some attention, as does the contrast. If I can get those to look better, however, and the lake water to be more discernible, I think I'll like this composition. F/22.


Next, Mig Lake. F/22.


 Finally, a wider view of Mig Lake. I typically eschew shooting in midday sunlight, even this time of year, but this one could be salvageable. This was a middle-of-the-road exposure; I also took exposures darker and brighter than this in case either the highlights or shadows become a problem in editing. F/22.


No comments: