Friday, July 20, 2018

Blue Mountains 3: Mount Misery and Turkey Creek

Back to my Blue Mountains trip! After I'd finished up at Fields Spring State Park, I headed to the Umatilla National Forest. My first day hike there was the Mount Misery trail, beginning at the Diamond Peak trailhead. I had to contend with quite a bit of sunshine, so lighting and contrast were a struggle in all of my compositions. Nevertheless, I would have been remiss not to do my best to record the beautiful setting!

First, a field of larkspur and lupine to the west of Sheephead Spring. F/22.


Next, two views from a nearby vantage point. The first features paintbrush (Castilleja) in the foreground, the second with what I think might be a mountain mahogany (Cercocarpus ledifolius) in the foreground. Both F/22.



My next hiking destination was the Turkey Creek trail, starting from the Panjab trailhead. The forest is surprisingly lush, particularly as you head farther up the valley, with some older trees to boot. Below is my favorite composition from that hike. F/20.


Another forest shot, again highlighting the lush environment, and the abundant lichen and such. F/22.


No comments: