Sunday, December 30, 2018

South Fork Stillaguamish

A few days ago, I found myself hiking the Lime Kiln Trail near Granite Falls. My main objective was to photograph the South Fork Stillaguamish River from the river shore at trail's end. Below is my best composition involving the image concept I had in mind - a juxtaposition of the rushing water with bare, mossy maple trees. F/18, 0.6 seconds.


Here's one looking downstream from the same place. While I like the composition, the image quality is poorer, and there's some pretty conspicuous distortion on the left-hand side. While there are tools in Photoshop Lightroom to correct distortion, doing so would necessitate cropping the image, and the composition would suffer due to some of the mossy branches in the upper right being out of the frame. I may try this one out in print at some point, but I'm not optimistic. Here it is, anyway. F/20, 0.5 seconds.


No comments: