Thursday, May 28, 2020

Greenwater Lakes

Yesterday morning, I hiked a few miles of the Greenwater trail near Enumclaw. Weather forecasts predicted a clear day. In a perfect world, I'd wait for a cloudy day to visit a heavily forested area like this one, but I needed to do my best with my schedule and with what is currently accessible. Due to the high-contrast lighting situation, a fair number of my shots didn't turn out, but I liked two backlit compositions from the second of the Greenwater Lakes. The saturation and colors will ultimately need a bit more refinement, but the lighting and image quality aren't bad. F/16 and F/14.




Next, a calm spot on the Greenwater River, near one of the lakes, with a vine maple in the foreground. The lighting is a bit of a problem, as there are some harsh highlights around the edges. But I like the composition, and the fact that the air was still enough that even the lichen ended up sharp. F/14.



No comments: