Monday, February 05, 2024

2024 Begins Slowly but Surely

A belated Happy New Year! My photographic 2024 has been off to a slow start due to some rainouts, a tussle with COVID, and hikes that had to be cut short due to things like cold temperatures and injury. I finally have enough good compositions now to fill up a short blog post. 

First, an icy view of Coal Creek during our cold snap in mid-January. This one doesn't have as strong of a sense of depth as I was hoping it would, but I like the smooth/soft look of the water. It was cold enough that I could only stay stationary with my gloves off for photography for a short time, limiting my ability to fine-tune the composition. F/16, 2.5 seconds. 

More recently, I hiked the Licorice Fern Trail approach to Cougar Mountain, a reliably lush and peaceful hike this time of year. Here are two landscapes that show the mossy trunks and branches characteristic of that trail. I particularly like how, in the first one, the foreground branches frame the larger trunk in the background. Both F/16.


That's all for now. Hopefully more soon!

No comments: