Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset, Swiftly Flow The Experiments

I recently went to Magnuson Park for an early-morning photo run. I wanted to silhouette some chicory flowers against the sunrise, but they were still budding, so I decided to try queen anne's lace instead. This  was tricky - since the flower was silhouetted, it didn't make much sense to focus on the flower parts closest to me, as is generally my instinct with dome-shaped or clustered flowers like these. I think I found satisfactory focus points, though:



I also photographed some queen anne's lace as it was sunlit; it looked very nice against a little meadow:


Also, yarrow:



The aster flowers at Magnuson are just about to bloom; I didn't get any blogworthy pictures this time around but I'll be back there soon and you can bet that I'll "harvest" some good pictures then!

I also went to Richmond Beach recently for a sunset and decided to try to shoot the sunset through gone-to-seed dandelion heads. I didn't get any good ones with the sun directly behind the head, although that would have been cool; the ones I got had the horizon so tipped that they are useless. (It was so breezy that setting up a tripod would have been impractical, since the shot itself was continuously changing). But they were at least promising, so I've got something to try next time. Here are a couple decent shots, though:



Summer weather yesterday and today! Is it here to stay......??

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love #2 and the last one... fantastic