Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scenes of September

September is a difficult month to photograph. By then, the grass is all brown, most summer flowers have gone to seed, and many leaves are looking a bit dry and battered. Autumn color, however, has yet to appear. Add all this to the fact that I've been a bit busy lately, and fighting off sporadic colds, and you have a recipe for a limited array of blog-able pictures.

These next two are from Magnuson Park the other morning. I was fortunate enough to enjoy some very calm air, which was the only way I was able to pull these off. I'm not often brave enough to try a shaded macro shot early in the morning. In this case, I tried wide and narrow depths of field. These leaves were pretty small and I was already pretty close in. I guess I could have gotten a bit closer, even, but it's still okay. Besides, any closer and I might have upset the arrangement of branches that put these leaves where they needed to be.



My life is settling out a bit - and (fingers crossed) I might even be getting a "real" job - so hopefully I'll have the time and money in the near future to take more pictures. Heaven knows I've been missing it. Just because September is sparse doesn't mean it's fruitless. And I've already charted out my October/November fall color destinations in the area. Move over, New England! The Puget Sound's in town!

No comments: