Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lunacy pt. 3

I took a brief break from my studies to go find the moonset this morning, as last night was a full moon. My destination was a gravel road roughly between Palouse and Colfax, at a place that overlooks the canyon walls of the Palouse River. There are also some spots along the road that look out to Steptoe Butte, so I think I'll be making return trips to the area under different lighting and seasonal conditions.

The first two images are basically the same composition, separated by an interval of a few minutes. I think I like the first one the best - the moon is less obscured by clouds, and the color of the early sunlight is a bit more pronounced. Upon reflection, though, the way the clouds shroud the moon in the second version is interesting, so I thought I may as well post both.



Here is another one. I don't think this is as good of a composition, since the sense of depth is less pronounced. But the lighting is still cool, and the image still highlights the beauty of the morning.


No comments: