Saturday, February 18, 2017

Spring is here!

Buds and leaves are starting to appear on some shrubs and other plants in the area. Indian plum (Oemleria cerasiformis), which I try to find every spring, is one of the most most conspicuous and widespread native early bloomers in the Puget lowlands.

Here is some new growth that I found on one such shrub in Saint Edward State Park yesterday. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this composition, particularly the line of the trunk between the two buds. I used an aperture of f/11 - I wanted the shapes of the mossy trunks at right to be somewhat discernible. I accomplished this to the degree I wanted, but this resulted in additional clutter like that other trunk. On the positive note, I think the lighting turned out well.


That's all for now. It needed to be a short trip, and the sunshine limited my possibilities. I am looking forward the rest of this spring!

No comments: