Saturday, March 10, 2018

Hello 2018!

Although it took quite a bit longer than I would have liked, I got out this morning for my first photography adventure in 2018! Due to a hectic workweek and a dearth of time for planning and preparation, as well as getting over a cold, it was a short and sweet local jaunt to Carkeek Park for sunrise.

Even so, I think it was well worth it. First, a shot out toward Puget Sound and the Olympics at sunrise, with Pipers Creek in the foreground. F/16, 1/1.3 seconds.


Next, I took a bit of a risk with an image of some Indian plum leaves in the foreground, with the Olympics and Puget Sound out of focus in the background. F/10 was the best middle ground between selectivity and discernible shape in the mountains; I would have liked to go a bit narrower with the aperture but the shutter speed was dicey enough in the breeze as it was.


No comments: