Saturday, March 24, 2018

Damp Day at Baker River

This morning, I headed to one of my favorite places, the Baker River trail in the north Cascades, wondering whether I could take advantage of the low snow levels in any way. It was raining, snowing, or some combination of the two for almost the entire morning. Nevertheless, I was able to take advantage of a couple lulls for a few nice compositions.

First, a view of the Baker River and hills beyond from near the trailhead, with a vertical and horizontal composition. I'm not sure which I prefer. F/18, 0.8 and 0.4 seconds respectively.



Second, a shot looking through mossy trees and such. The ravine of a creates a bit of an opening in the forest at this spot, making a composition like this feasible. I like how the rain and clouds diffuse the distant trees. F/16.


No comments: