Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sol Duc Not-Falls

Yesterday, I had an opportunity to visit the Sol Duc Falls trail in Olympic National Park. As the title of this post suggests, I won't be posting any compositions involving the main falls - I wasn't satisfied with my results. Some others turned out well, though, and the falls is always cool to experience.

First, two views of a tributary stream seen from the trail. Both F/20, 3 seconds and 2 seconds.




Next, two views of the Sol Duc River just downstream of the falls. I am unsure which composition I prefer, as the first emphasizes the river and rocks, and the second emphasizes the forest surroundings. Both F/20, 0.8 seconds and 1 second.



Finally, the Sol Duc River again, this time from a viewpoint along the road. F/22, 1 second.


No comments: