Saturday, June 02, 2018

Boulder River again

As promised, I returned to the Boulder River trail last weekend to photograph subjects other than the twin waterfall. I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked due to some issues with my backpack that were not fixable in the field. Even so, I was able to improvise a temporary means of keeping my backpack closed that enabled me to stay out long enough for a few decent compositions.

First, an old-growth forest shot from the trail with a cedar in the foreground. F/18.



Next, a bit of an experiment, a view of a waterfall closely framed by trees. Such a composition risks being busy, but I like how this one turned out. The lighting wasn't ideal - a bit on the high-contrast side - but workable. F/18, 0.8 seconds.


Finally, a view of the Boulder River itself, from a well-defined side trail. F/18, 0.8 seconds.


1 comment:

Colleen H said...

I love the waterfall. Something (maybe it's the contrast) makes it seem to defy the three dimensions.