Monday, June 25, 2018

Goat Lake

I was just doing some other photography-related work and realized that I had neglected to blog about my most recent photographic journey! Last weekend, I did the Goat Lake hike off the Mountain Loop Highway. It was a sunnier day than expected, but the moments of partial cloudiness were well-timed, so I was still able to make use of some diffuse lighting. As I normally do, I opted for the lower trail both ways. The forest is more varied and interesting, and there are views of Elliott Creek to boot.

Speaking of the creek, I'll begin with a composition involving it. This particular creek is tricky to photograph, due to the relative dearth of unobstructed views from the actual trail, and I think this my best to date. F/20, 1 second.


Next, two of Goat Lake itself, near the campground and day use area. You can get more expansive mountain views by continuing around the lake, but when I did that last year, the trail was rough and hard to hike (it was also hard to find good places to set up a tripod!). I chose not to exercise that option this time, and stuck to the established areas. Both compositions F/20.



1 comment:

Colleen H said...

Your forgrounds are so beautiful without loosing focus on the background. Amazing. You're a pro. (But just between you and me, you forgot the goat)s.