Monday, March 01, 2021

Choose Your Own Adventure

One of the joys of visiting Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park is the intricate system of crisscrossing trails. You can create a different hike every time, and find your ideal distance and level of difficulty, with the park's waterfalls and summits serving as destinations. This time, I created a loop of around seven miles (maybe a bit longer) starting at the Wilderness Creek trailhead, with Far Country Falls as my farthest point.

First, some ferns growing on one of the glacial erratic boulders along the Wilderness Creek trail. The morning fog added some mood to the background, and helped keep it from getting too cluttered. I took a selective focus approach, with an aperture of F/6.3.

Next, Far Country Falls. I visited this waterfall last winter, and wanted to challenge myself to visualize it differently. F/14, 0.8 seconds.

Finally, a lush scene along the Wilderness Creek trail. In its finished form, this image isn't as compelling as I'd like it to be. The slight touch of snow, and the filtered sunshine, were more striking in person. I think it needs more depth somehow. F/14.


No comments: