Monday, May 22, 2023

Lighthouse Point Spring

Roughly two weeks ago, I visited Lighthouse Point in Deception Pass State Park, which is one of my favorite late April/early May destinations, due to the blooming of camas and wildflowers. This visit was particularly special because the tide was out farther than I'd ever seen on any of my visits. I didn't get any pictures of that phenomenon, but it was fun to explore the beach more extensively than I usually can, and see the rocks and landforms from a different perspective.

First, a closeup of a group of camas flowers. F/6.3.

Here's a slightly wider view of some camas. You can also see death-camas and desert parsley blooming. F/4.5.

Next, a tiny lupine that I found. I also like the water droplets visible in this picture, including the one caught by the lupine leaves. F/8.

Next, a forest landscape featuring some of the park's abundant lichen. The day's very light winds made this one possible. F/16.

Finally, a selective-focus forest shot. There are water droplets on the foreground leaves from the morning's rain; I don't think they come through as prominently as I'd like, although I might change my mind if I were to see this picture at a larger size. F/7.1.


No comments: