Saturday, May 20, 2023

Spring Break Part 2: River

At long last, here's the second post from my spring break trip to the Winthrop and Mazama area. This time, I'm focusing on my pictures from the riverside trails: specifically, the Methow Community Trail, and the Big Valley Trail. I didn't get the same sort of calendar-worthy, eye-catching compositions that you saw in Part 1, but I found a few nice early-spring scenes. I love the diversity of the Methow area - in the same week, we hiked along rivers, over open hillsides, and through multiple forest types.

First, emerging cottonwood leaves, with the Methow River and a snowy peak in the background. I really like the early-spring feel of this one, as well as the color contrast between the warm tones of the spring growth and the cooler tones of the mountain. F/8.

Next, a flower that I can't identify, even after repeated attempts both online and in guidebooks. I found it growing on rocky ground near the banks of the Methow. Hopefully I'll figure it out at some point, but at any rate, I like the picture. F/5.

The lupine along the riverside trails weren't blooming yet, but I found some pretty and vibrant emerging lupine leaves, such as these. F/5.6.

Lastly, the colorful tree trunks of the Big Valley trail. F/18.


No comments: