Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Lodge Lake

Last weekend, wanting a shorter hike that I could complete before the hottest part of the day, I hiked to Lodge Lake near Snoqualmie Pass. It's not the most spectacularly scenic or wild hike I've ever done - the first half of the hike is in sight of the ski area and other development at the pass, and I-90 is audible throughout much of the hike. But the ski slopes were covered in flowers, and the lake itself was surprisingly pristine. Besides, when I was there (roughly 10 am), I had the lake to myself for a good half an hour, which is pretty special, particularly for a trail so accessible from I-90.

First, a view from the ski slope near the trailhead, with paintbrush in bloom. F/5.6.

Next, subalpine spirea in a meadow a bit farther along the trail. The mountain on the right is Red Mountain, I believe; I'm less sure about the one on the left. F/6.3.

Here's Lodge Lake itself, with what I think is Denny Mountain in the distance. I'm glad I was able to get a bit of a reflection. F/18.

Lastly, another view of Lodge Lake. I enjoyed the soft blue coming from the lake surface. F/16.


No comments: