Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring in the Forest, Part 2

So today's destination was Saint Edward State Park, on the grounds of a former Catholic seminary:


Most of the place is forest, though. I usually avoid forests on sunny days, but I tried Saint Edward today for two reasons: (1) I didn't want to travel too far from home in case I got called in to work, and (2) I though the more open winter/spring forest canopy might afford more possibilities than you'd have later in the spring or in the summer.

Not everything I did was successful, but check these out:




It's hard to get much color diversity in a forest; that's the only problem. Pretty much everything is green, brown, or somewhere in between.

Also, check it out: ferns growing on trees!! So cool!!


It's been good to hit that old trail again, although I'm a bit out of shape and found huffing and puffing back up the hill from the lake a bit of a problem. Hopefully this spring I'll be able to ease myself back into some semblance of physical fitness.

The trail beckons!!!!

No comments: