Thursday, May 26, 2011

...And we're back

It's been a little while since I've posted, primarily due to my computer going kaput (fixed now; thankfully, I didn't lose any pictures) and school stuff. But last week I went to Discovery Park, and I finally got the pictures sorted.

I found some cool grass, flowers, and a weird red grass sort of thing with little red bulbs on it. I'm not exactly sure what that's all about.


I think this is a vetch of some kind. American vetch? Not quite sure.

I think this is a lady fern.


This was in the midst of our sunny week last week. The air was still a bit cool in the shade, but overall everything was quite nice.


Also, I managed to catch another sunset! My second of the year! Hopefully more will be in store this summer. I need to re-learn how to take pictures of sunsets. The last one was spectacular enough that I simply had to point my camera at the sunset and go. Times like this, though, when the sky is clear, require a little more care. The place I chose this last week when I photographed the sunset was too "busy" - I had aimed for a place with some interesting objects against which to frame the sunset, but in fact there were too many objects and it was difficult to isolate anything. Oh well, a couple decent ones came of it:


When in doubt, just put everything in the frame. Sometimes it works...hehe, don't take that advice, please!

No comments: