Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Woodland Wanderings

This short recent photo adventure was devoted mostly to experimentation. As is typical, not everything I tried worked, and the pictures that did work were not quite satisfactory (in most cases, this means not quite as sharp as I would have preferred). But anyway, when I looked through them again I liked them better than I had at first, so here are the most interesting:


I finally figured out what this shrub is, after wondering for a while - I think its a red elderberry shrub. In June or July those flowers will turn into bright red berries. "How neat is that?"


A picture of opening (or perhaps "unfurling" is a a better term?) ferns. Both this one and the flower picture above were excruciatingly difficult to get sharp.


And an obligatory trunk picture. I dunno. I kind of like it. Also I used flash, can you tell? Hopefully not. When I use flash, it's usually in a situation where I want its use to be completely invisible.

No comments: