Wednesday, July 06, 2011

First Light


Two early mornings in a row can be a bit exhausting - yesterday morning, I got up at 4:20am and this morning at 4am. Even for a morning person like me it's a bit trying. Hopefully I won't fall asleep before I finish writing this blog.

This morning, I went to Discovery Park to take pictures of the Olympic mountains at sunrise and of the newly blooming fireweed (next post). The picture didn't end up as sharp/high quality as I would have liked. I think the fact that I had my lens zoomed up as far as it would go had something to do with it. Still, it looks nice:


Yesterday, I went to Magnuson Park to catch a sunrise. As usual, it was very nice. I got a nice silhouette of yarrow plants against the sunrise, and then a more conventional (for me) one of grass:



Also, I took two pictures of the early morning sunlight on yarrow. The dimensions of the first one, at an 8x10 ratio (what I used in this case), are a little tight; a 5x7 or other narrower crop of the original might work better. I just love the quality of light; in the first 30m or so after sunrise (or before sunset), the light is very warm, giving scenes contour without too harsh of contrast.



In my next entry, I'll show the pictures of fireweed I took yesterday and today.

No comments: