Sunday, March 02, 2014

Rainy Carkeek, Again

For the umpteenth time, I found myself photographing in Carkeek Park under rainfall. I wasn't about to let a mundane matter like precipitation stop me, however.

The first two images are of Indian plum (Oemleria cerasiformis).

For the first, I used an upward-facing angle, putting bare trees and cloudy sky in the background. I did this because, once all blurred together by a relatively wide aperture (f/5), it made for a light, dreamy color that I think helps connote the rainy-day aesthetic that I wanted to evoke. This is probably my best of the set.


For the second Indian plum image, I am facing downward. The droplets of water that were on the leaves and petals here and there ended up not showing up as prominently as I had intended. Still, I think it's kind of an interesting composition.


Lastly, some leaves juxtaposed against a mossy log. I think the leaves may belong to Pacific bleeding heart (Dicentra formosa), although I'm not sure on that. Anyway, I thought it was a cool scene and was only able to photograph it by lowering my tripod to its furthest extent. It's a bit busy, but I still think it's a nice forest-floor scene. F/5.


Well, that's all for now. You can only do so much when tormented by frequent rainfall. Oh, well. Until next time!

No comments: