Thursday, July 02, 2015

Lunacy

So, last night I had another first - successful compositions involving the moon! I had seen on my calendar that a full moon would be rising just before sunset, so I headed over to Tennant Lake in search of a good eastern view. To my dismay, I discovered that the park closes at 9pm, but the ranger/staff person was very gracious in allowing me to finish up.

The first one is probably my favorite, because it includes some cattails in the foreground, thus adding depth.


A horizontal version of that shot - there is less of a foreground here, and thus less depth, but the upshot is that the moon appears larger in the frame.


Lastly, a shot a bit later. The moon is overexposed here, but not totally blown out. I could thus probably improve this image quite a bit through highlight recovery and other tools in Lightroom, bringing detail back to the moon and lightening up the trees a bit.


No comments: