Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Purple Haze All Through My Skies

Well, the weather's taken a turn for a more conventional onshore pattern, but on the last night of our series of hot and smoky days, I traveled to Birch Bay State Park to catch the sunset. My best image, below, is almost otherworldly due to the dark color of the smoky horizon and the smooth/blurred water in the foreground. I zoomed up quite a bit for this and used my tiny tripod to put my camera low to the ground. The colors got a bit wonky in the JPEG so what you see below is already edited from the RAW, as well as corrected for pincushion distortion - having a straight horizon line is pretty imperative in this composition.



Second, a driftwood shot from earlier in the evening. I used an aperture of f/6.3 to get a selective focus effect.


No comments: