Friday, June 17, 2016

Lake Trip

Yesterday I decided to take my chances with the showers in the forecast and get out for a quick photo trip. My destination was Lake Twenty-Two - there are already wildflowers in bloom there, and the trail is short enough that I figured I could get some shooting time before the afternoon showers bubbled up. I got to the lake by about 8:30, and that's with my characteristically slow perambulation. I shan't specify how early I got up...

First is a view through bigleaf maple trunks along the trail, looking up the hillside. I liked how the trunks lined up, forming a rough sort of symmetry from this particular vantage point. F/22.


Next is a view of the lake itself. I was able to find an even better vantage point a few minutes later, and the clouds were more interesting, but a breeze kicked up and ruined these reflections. This one turned out all right, other than a bit of remedial lighting work that needs to be done. F/22.


Below are some Sitka valerian (Valeriana sitchensis) in bloom, with the cliffs ringing the lake in the background. I used the heavy artillery for this one - my wide-angle lens, all the way out at 10mm. I'm not sure how interesting the composition is, and there is a bit of perspective distortion to work on. F/22.


Finally is a western red columbine (Aquilegia formosa) in the rain. I'm not sure whether I like this image due to the self-portrait. Can you find it? F/4.2.


No comments: