Saturday, June 11, 2016

Olympic Extravaganza Part 2

On my way back from the rainforest, I stopped over at Sol Duc Falls. Despite the fact that it was a weekday morning, the trail was still rather busy - not least due to a horde of middle schoolers who descended on the trail. But the falls thundered just the same. It's a nice hike, too, quick and easy through pleasant forest. So the crowds are there for good reason.

Here's my favorite, with some devil's club framed against the trail. 1/4 second. Longer would have made the water look even better, but it was quite a task as it was to time the exposure with lulls in the breeze.


Next, here's a broader view of the falls. The water itself is overexposed in a few places, but it shouldn't be too hard of a fix in this case. I erred on the side of overexposing because I wanted the dark vegetation-covered cliffs at upper right to show up. 1.3 seconds.


No comments: