Saturday, April 29, 2017

Lighthouse Point

This morning, before it rained, I headed up to Deception Pass State Park to find some wildflowers. All of the pictures here are from the Lighthouse Point area, which has everything - rocky headlands, flower meadows, and nice forests.

The first image is my favorite composition from the trip, with camas flowers in the foreground. Image quality, particularly sharpness, was a problem here - I was using my small tripod all closed up as a monopod, basically, and had that set on another small piece of gear to get the exact height I needed. With an exposure time of 1/15 second, this made getting things sharp a challenge. To make matters worse, the breeze was kicking up at the time. The one I've posted here is the best and might be workable (I'll have to play around in Lightroom to be sure). F/25.


Next, a closeup of camas with an anther set as the focus point. F/6.3.


Next, two forest landscapes from Lighthouse Point. The first has budding salal in the foreground, which I wanted to juxtapose against the lichen-draped forest. The second has less of a foreground, but I still thought the interesting trunk and branch shapes might be worth capturing.  F/22 in both cases.



Finally, some very new growth on what I think is a Douglas fir, with water and cliffs and such in the background. F/22.


No comments: