Monday, March 02, 2020

Something A Little Bit Different

This post represents a bit of a geographical departure from my standard fare. Roughly a week ago, I returned from a trip with my girlfriend to Grenada in the Caribbean. There's a lot to recommend it: It's a lush tropical island with friendly people and plenty of good food (including locally produced chocolate). People I talk to who are not familiar with the island are sometimes surprised to learn that its landscape is diverse, with variations in topography and precipitation. There is thus plenty of interesting scenery on offer.

The trip included a photography stop at Mount Carmel Falls, on the east side of the island. It's a tranquil spot and a worthwhile destination, if one doesn't mind navigating a bit of mud!

F/16, 0.5 seconds:


F/18, 0.8 seconds:


Other than my time at Mount Carmel Falls, I didn't get the big camera out; getting around with it on the island was challenging, and the trip was filled with a variety of other activities. I am thus taking the unusual step of including a few phone snapshots from around the island, to give a sampling of the landscape.

Looking roughly southwest, toward Grand Anse Beach:


The countryside of Saint Mark parish:



Looking roughly north toward St. George's:


Magazine Beach:


No comments: