Sunday, June 19, 2011

Olallie Adventures


The obligatory trail in the Cascade foothills with next to the obligatory river with an obligatory waterfall and lots of obligatory moss on the trees...I love this state! This time, it was Olallie State Park, close to North Bend. It's a pretty short hike from the trailhead to the waterfall viewpoints with some moderate hills; the trail goes on quite a bit farther but is less interesting after the falls.

I could have just posted a picture of the falls...but everyone does that! I think the waterfall is much more interesting in the context of leaves.

Toward the beginning of the hike, the trail hugs the river for a while:


This might be one of my favorites from the evening. I think the blurred water in the background creates a sense of motion.

The forest, although a bit second-growth-y, was still very nice and quite lush, especially closer to the river, with lots of alders and maples; there are more conifers up on the hills.


As with many parks around here, water is everywhere!



That's all for now. Ebey's Landing is coming soon, as soon as I sort through the 254 pictures I took...!

No comments: