Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Summer!

Well, summer has arrived, at least in spirit and in weather (temporarily), if not in name or in schedule. I made it to Richmond Beach the other night and snapped this one:


The next evening, I wandered around Discovery Park for a while. The vetch are blooming like crazy and the lupines are also blooming. Did you know that there are two kinds of lupine in Discovery Park? Large-leaved lupine and another kind I haven't quite identified. I'll have to look at its leaves more closely. Here are the lupines:




And here are some pictures of vetch. Did you ever think that their flowers look a bit like pig snouts or something? The first one suggests that to me. The second has an interesting backlighting scheme, I think.





There are also a few camas plants scattered throughout the South Meadow. I think they might actually be great camas rather than common camas. Anyway, they are just starting to bloom.


No comments: