Thursday, May 31, 2012

I've made a couple recent trips to Discovery Park, and decided to condense them into a single post.

Here is a pic from around sunrise. Brightening up the foreground would help bring out the flowering trees.


Next, two shots of the Olympics juxtaposed against out-of-focus flowering branches. I'm not really sure if they work. On second look, my mind's eye would like to see the branches and mountains both in focus. I dunno.



A couple classic lupine shots:




And now a few from my evening trip. As is usually the case  at Discovery Park in the evenings, it was rather breezy. Huge daisies are in bloom all along the North Beach trail. Here are my two most interesting pictures of that:




This next one shows what some of the beach meadows at Discovery Park actually look like. I'd like this picture a lot better if it weren't for the dead-looking branch in the upper left hand corner.


A hawthorn tree was blooming, common hawthorn I think:



Finally, a shot that I'd been hoping to take for months: of a sunset over blooming lupine plants. Unfortunately, conditions were less than ideal: a narrow bank of clouds on the horizon meant that I had to take the picture a bit earlier than I would have liked, making the sunset a bit too bright even with a graduated ND filter. Still, it's a promising result, and with some tasteful application of highlight recovery to the RAW file, perhaps even a useable one.



No comments: