Monday, May 28, 2012

Lupines at Wide Angles

As the title suggests, the highlight of a recent trip to Magnuson Park was some shots of a lupine plant that I took with my wide-angle lens. They could each use a little lighting work, but they're not too bad as is. I think the first one is my favorite.



And, check out this floweret bright. I think it is a Nootka rose, and there was some sunlight from behind the flower that produces the luminosity you see in some of the petals. I shot this all the way at f/29 to get all the flower parts in focus.


Up next is a lupine shot that focuses on the wet leaf in the foreground. It took me a lot of tries to get thing positioned just the way I wanted, and to get close enough that the lupine flowers in the background would fill the majority of the frame width-wise, not leaving too much dead space.


Now some grass shots. This first one is a bit heavy on the dead space, particularly at the top, but I still think it's cool subject-wise. The second is a bit busy in general, but I like the lighting and the looks of the grass. I'll have to try again with this type of grass soon.



Finally, a nice shot of backlit lupine:


No comments: