Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our family recently made a day trip to Ebey's Landing on Whidbey Island, and I somehow happened to have my camera with me. So, I thought, why not use it?

This first one was my favorite of the day. It is of a lupine, either small-flowered lupine or two-colored lupine (I didn't get a close enough look at the leaves to know for sure, and they're blurry in the picture! I need to resume my former practice of carrying my flower books with me). There's a bit of dead space in the corners, but I still like it as a composition.


The next two are of mystery flowers. The first I have no clue on; I couldn't find anything like it in my book. I like the composition overall (except for the light spot in the background in the upper left corner). Unfortunately, it doesn't look good in any standard print sizes; what you see here was cropped at a manual ratio to get the bad parts of the image out.



The second looks like beargrass...? I was not aware that they grew near sea level anywhere in the Puget Sound area. Who knows. The picture itself is okay but could use some contrast enhancement - as well as, perhaps, some rotation, since the stem seems slightly tilted to the left. Since the photo you see here is actually cropped, I'd have enough space that I could get away with a rotation.


No comments: